Future of IT industry in India
People accept that India has seen the best of the IT industry are in for a surprise. India along with other countries will see the IT and IT enabled services industry not only developing but also outgrowing other industries with the pace of its expansion.
With the emergence of new path-breaking technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Blockchain, Machine Learning, modern data science practices, cloud computing and big data and introduction and implementation of Microservices, Developer-Operations (devops) and automation in most of the industrial sectors the future of IT industry in India is bright.
It is estimated that in the coming 10 years the no. of jobs in the IT industry will get doubled along with better academic facilities, greater research for the subject of Information Technology and its practices.
Some important points related to the future of IT industry in India are:-
- Automation is expected to create majority of the upcoming jobs in the IT sector.
- Make in India and other such government schemes will help to create variety of new jobs in the field of IT and IT enabled services.
- All industrial sectors will start making greater use of Information Technology to speed up their growth or enhance their efficiency.
- IT and its tools will help in creating more jobs in other sectors as well like- banking, manufacturing, finance, sales.
- IT related startups will flourish, especially those with innovative products like chatbots etc.
- IT industry is one of the biggest employers in India.
- Artificial Intelligence technique will improve the user experience.
The future presents an opportunity for India to tackle the following three big challenges.
- Skill development and employment for the future
- Socioeconomic inclusion of rural
- A healthy and sustainable future.
IT Industry in India 2017
- IT BPM industry revenues (excluding hardware) for the Financial Year 2016-17 is estimated to be at US$ 154 billion.
- IT sector contributed to India’s GDP by 7.7% in the year 2016.
- In the Financial Year 2016, TCS stood as the market leader with about 10.4% contribution to India’s IT and ITES sector revenue.
- The IT market is quite competitive with the top 5 IT firms contributing over 25% to the total IT revenue.
One of the biggest benefits that the computer and IT industry provides in India is the employment it can generate. India is now a major destination for IT outsourcing. There is no lack of IT job opportunities in India. In fact, India is expected to overtake the US to have the most number of software developers in 2019.
We, at Ambalika Institute of Management and Technology focus on student’s IT skills to make them industry ready. We have a 70-75% placement record of IT / CS students. Some of our recruiters are Click Labs, Net2Source, Grid Infocom, Artech, SRDT, Nucleus software, AuthBridge Research Services Private Limited, Exo Infotech, Investza Consultants, Webmento, CEBS Worldwide, Cedcoss, Aon Hewitt, Kony India Pvt. Ltd, Policy Bazaar.com, Amazon, Click Labs etc.
DIGITAL MARKETING EXPERT