This report contains the detailed account of the Fabrication of Formula 1 car by the students of Ambalika Institute. The fabrication work took place at the college premises itself.
Day 1: 17-06-2016
- Steel pipes arrive at 4:00 PM in college premises (Workshop).
- Measurement of pipes.
- Cutting of Pipes
- Arrangement of cut members on the prepared fixture
of base till 3:30 AM
Day 2: 18-06-2016
- Welding of cut pipes using Welding machine available at the college.
- Only one welding machine was used.
- All types of safety measures were taken into consideration.
- Grinding of pipes through Hand Grinder.
- Bending of pipes using Bending machine in workshop.
Day 3: 19-06-2016
- Work started at 7:30AM
- 2nd coating of welding was done to provide more strength to the chassis.
- Final chassis is ready.
- Mounting Point decided on chassis.
- Manufacturing of C- Brackets
- Performing Strength Test
- Base of chassis was covered by sheet metal
DAY 4: 20-06-2016
- Mounting points decided and C-brackets are welded.
- Tata Nano is purchased for its part.
- Preparation of A-Bar Arm of Suspension
- Assembly of A- Bar Arm Suspension
- Suspension mounting